If you’re in town for one day or staying for the weekend, there will be something for you to discover everyday! We are truly the hub of the Fraser Valley, surrounded by nature in an urban city center. We’ve put together some great daily itineraries, highlighted our 5 best bets, and have showcased our best summertime events! We can’t wait for you to Discover Langley City!
Discover Langley City is Langley City’s brand-new Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) committed to promoting Langley City as a must visit destination for business and leisure travel. As we enter our first year of operation, we invite you to join our growing list of stakeholders that are focused and committed to help us grow Tourism in our community. A Voting Stakeholder shall be a business operating in the Downtown Langley Business Association (BIA) boundaries in the City of Langley, and is committed to participating and contributing to tourism strategies Discover Langley City has set forward. Should your business be outside of this boundary, however, still within the CIiy of Langley, you may register to be a non-voting stakeholder to share your voice and ideas at the Annual General Meeting.
ALL ABOUT MEMBERSHIP
Discover Langley City is thrilled to provide complimentary memberships to our tourist business-ready stakeholders. We value our member partners and believe the resources and benefits that we share with our stakeholders will continue to be invaluable.
For new and existing tourist-ready businesses that are interested in developing Tourism in Langley City, we welcome you to join us at Discover Langley City where we will support your organization through networking opportunities, industry education, strategic marketing strategies and campaigns, website exposure, FAMs and site visits, and so much more.. by joining our diverse supplier list we will strive to involve your business as we work together as one community focused on increasing overnight visitation and drive economic impact in Langley City.
During 2018 and every year as we prepare our marketing plans, Discover Langley City assures our stakeholders that we will communicate all marketing efforts and opportunities to our member partners for the option to participate on a higher level. Please note some campaigns may require a buy-in cost and will be treated as a first come, first serve basis.
MEMBER PARTNERS RECEIVE (complimentary basis)
• Co-operative Marketing Opportunities
• Website listing with logo and link
• Exposure in our newsletter (e-newsletter)
• Marketing & Media leads
• Priority access to Familiarization Tours (FAMS)/Hotel Site Inspections
• Priority access to industry trends from a DMO perspective
• Ongoing communication for social media/marketing efforts
• Invitation to Industry Planning Sessions with Discover Langley City
• Voting Rights* at the Annual General Meeting for one representative from each registered stakeholder business (*business must be in BIA boundary)
• Event Promotion in our Calendar of Events
DISCOVER LANGLEY CITY APPLICATION REQUESTS:
We ask our stakeholders to agree to the following:
• Promote Discover Langley City as the City’s tourism bureau and to use our resources for our visitors
• Display of membership with Discover Langley City in your business with other participating marketing collateral such as posters or printed rack cards if applicable (will be provided)
• Share business promotions, featured specials, gift certificates available, prizes etc. for Discover Langley City to provide on social media
• With sufficient notice, agreed participation in FAM Tours and Site Inspections showcasing our city and tourism related products
• Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter
• Promote our hashtag of #discoverlangleycity on your social media channels
Information collected is for the sole purpose and use of Discover Langley City to share information such as our e-newsletters, marketing opportunities, industry updates and further relevant information. We will abide by both Canadian Federal Privacy Laws: the Privacy Act, which covers the personal information-handling practices of federal government departments and agencies, and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), the federal private-sector privacy law.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to: send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions, process orders, and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
• NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
• Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com with the subject UNSUBSCRIBE and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
If you are ready to apply, please complete the application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org attention, Kristina Gervais. Once received, Kristina will give you a call to confirm your information and review any questions.
Please contact Kristina Gervais, Manager of Operations at 604-674-9733 or email@example.com for any questions you may have. We look forward to working with you to showcase Langley City!
Corporate Standards Guide
Langley City is a thriving, ideal location for small to mid-sized meetings in the Fraser Valley! Accessible to two International Airports, a 26,000 sq ft convention centre, 340 guestrooms, affordable guestrooms and event expenses, it's no wonder that we are growing in the business events market. If you are an meeting planner looking for a fresh, new host city, you’ve come to the right place.
Executive Director, Downtown Langley Business Association
Manager of Operations, Discover Langley City
Board of Directors
Carole Ward, Chair
Bob Foster, Vice Chair
Krazy Bob's Music Emporium
Heather Giuriato, Secretary/Treasurer
CPA International Investigations Inc.
Sonya Perkins, Director
Forever Yours Lingerie
Carrie Thachuk, Director
The Passionate Home
Rhianna Reddekopp, Director
Terra Casa Hair Studio
Shahzyah Keshani, Director
Cascades Casino Resort
Heather Jenkins, Director
1 Fish 2 Fish Fresh Seafood Market
Heidi Tobler, Director
Everything But The Groom Bridal Boutique
Jens Lundbek, Director
Phoenix Rising Metaphysical Emporium
And Ex-Officio Councillor Paul Albrecht